The University of Reading has appointed six law firms to a multi-million pound legal services framework that will complement its in-house department.
The university said the framework would include “flexible resource that may be utilised to address gaps in expertise, lack of capacity, short terms demand peaks and projects and periods of absence".
The framework was divided into the following Lots:
- Commercial, Corporate and Employment Legal Services. This lot also contains an optional Sub-Lot (1A) for Intellectual Property, Searching, Registration and Portfolio Management Services. The university is seeking to appoint one firm to Sub-Lot 1A from the panel members appointed to Lot 1, who can provide all of the services listed in the specification.
- Student and Higher Education Legal Services.
- Governance, Trust, Public and Charity Legal Services.
- Property and Estate Legal Services.
The successful firms were:
- Blake Morgan (lot 1)
- Clarkslegal (3)
- Eversheds Sutherland (1, 2, 4)
- Field Seymour Parkes (4)
- Pinsent Masons (2)
- VWV (1, 3, 4)
The framework runs until 31 March 2024.