The University of Essex is leading the procurement exercise for a £2.5m legal services framework agreement involving educational establishments in the East of England.
The other contracting authorities involved are University Campus Suffolk and the Essex Educational Purchasing Consortium, which comprises South Essex College, Colchester Institute and Chelmsford College.
There are ten distinct lots to be awarded to a maximum of five service providers in each category. The lots are:
- Commercial property and planning law (including but not limited to: leases, licences, acquisitions, disposals and litigation).
- Employment and immigration law.
- Commercial litigation (including debt collection & international commercial terms).
- Construction law.
- Commercial and corporate finance law.
- Procurement law (including EU directives on procurement).
- Contract law.
- Intellectual property.
- Major development projects (PFI or Public Private Partnership). This lot will include the proviso for overseas developments including new campuses abroad.
- Education (failure to educate).
The authorities envisage a maximum 15 participants to the framework agreement, which is estimated to be worth between £1.5m and £2.5m over a four-year period.