Two of the largest housing associations in the Midlands have launched a joint procurement exercise for a legal services framework agreement potentially worth £20m over four years.
Bromford Housing Group and Midland Heart are looking to establish legal panels covering eight lots:
- Governance, corporate, regulatory and statutory
- Treasury and Finance
- Homelessness, Housing Management, Home Ownership, Asset Management
- Property, Development, Construction
- Employment, TUPE and Pensions
- Contracts, commercial, procurement, health & safety
Suppliers will be able to bid for one or more lots.
The contract is expected to begin on 1 July 2012 and run until 30 June 2016.
Midland Heart operates in 54 local authority areas, providing homes for more than 70,000 people. Bromford meanwhile owns more than 26,000 homes across central England.
Wiltshire-based Selwood Housing Group last month launched a procurement for a legal services framework worth £700,000 over four years.
Also in February, Southern Housing Group appointed 12 firms to a £6m framework agreement.