The NHS Commercial Alliance has selected 11 law firms to one of the largest legal services framework agreements in the country, valued at £20m for up to four years.
Members include acute, primary care, mental health and ambulance NHS trusts in the south east, south central and east of England regions.
The framework agreement, which was awarded last month, covers eight lots. The panels in full are as follows:
- Primary care: Beachcroft; Bevan Brittan; Hempsons; Mills & Reeve; Browne Jacobson
- Mental health: Bevan Brittan; Hempsons; Beachcroft; Mills & Reeve; Browne Jacobson
- Corporate and Commercial: Bevan Brittan; Michelmores; Beachcroft; Addleshaw Goddard; Hempsons
- Employment: Bevan Brittan; Beachcroft; Michelmores; Hempsons; Birketts; Mills & Reeve
- Property: Bevan Brittan; Michelmores; Hempsons; Beachcroft; Mills & Reeve
- PFI/PPP: Bevan Brittan; Michelmores; Hempsons; Beachcroft; Bircham Dyson Bell; Birketts
- Governance: Bevan Brittan; Beachcroft; Hempsons; Mills & Reeve; Addleshaw Goddard
- Health: Beachcroft; Bevan Brittan; Hempsons; Browne Jacobson; Capsticks; Mills & Reeve; Berrymans Lace Mawer
The NHS Commercial Alliance estimates that 7% savings will be achieved in the three regions where the framework agreements are in operation.
Philip Spicer, Associate Procurement Director at the NHS Commercial Alliance, said: “The framework offers all trusts the opportunity to engage with the leading legal companies whilst appreciating the benefits that this brings, both commercially and contractually.”
The NHS Commercial Alliance is a strategic partnership between NHS Commercial Solutions, PRO-CURE CPH and East of England CPH, three NHS collaborative procurement organisations.
Last week NHS Trusts in Lincolnshire launched a procurement exercise for their own legal services framework agreement.