The National Audit Office is to procure legal advice for constitutional and public law and local public audit law worth an estimated £1.885m.
The NAO said the tender has been divided into two lots:
- Constitutional and Public Law (worth £1.51m);
- Local Public Audit Law (£375,000).
The contract is due to last an initial period of 48 months with the option to extend for a further period of 24 months.
In 2017 the watchdog appointed four law firms to a five-lot legal services panel. They were:
- British constitutional law: Bircham Dyson Bell (now BDB Pitmans).
- Public law: Bircham Dyson Bell.
- General commercial law: Browne Jacobson.
- Human Resources law: Capsticks.
- Local public audit law: Bates Wells Braithwaite.