A consortium of 22 local authorities and other public bodies in the North East has launched the procurement of a legal services framework worth up to £10m.
The procurement is being led by Newcastle City Council on behalf of the North East Procurement Organisation.
The public sector organisations involved are:
- Arch The Northumberland Development Company;
- Byker Trust;
- Cleveland Fire Brigade;
- City of Sunderland;
- County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Authority;
- Darlington County Council;
- Durham Council;
- Gateshead MBC;
- Gateshead Housing Company;
- Gateshead Trading Company;
- Hartlepool Borough Council;
- Leazes Homes;
- Middlesborough Council;
- Newcastle City Council;
- Newcastle University;
- Northern Education Trust;
- North Tyneside Council;
- Northumberland County Council;
- Northumbria University;
- Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council;
- South Tyneside Borough Council;
- Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council;
- Your Homes Newcastle.
It is expected that there will be a maximum number of six participants to framework agreement. The agreement will last for four years from 1 May this year.