Lawyers in Local Government has unveiled plans for its inaugural Local Government Legal Awards, celebrating the sector’s work.
|To download a copy of the Local Government Legal Awards brochure, please click here|
There will be awards for outstanding achievements in the following categories:
- Adult Social Care and Health;
- Children Services and Education;
- Employment Law;
- Housing and Regeneration;
- Information Management;
- Junior Lawyer of the Year;
- Litigation and Licensing;
- Individual Local Government Lawyer of the Year;
- Local Government Legal Team of the Year;
- Monitoring Officer and Governance;
- Partnership and Procurement;
- Planning, Highways and Environment.
Speaking at the Weekend School in York on Saturday (5 April), Philip Thomson, the new President of LLG and County Solicitor at Essex, said: “The ceremony will be a celebration of all that is brightest and best in local government legal practice. It will be an excellent event at an excellent venue.
“I would urge everyone to put in applications.”
The awards will be made at a black tie ceremony at the Rosewood Hotel in London on 29 November 2014. Tickets will cost just £60.